JOB DESCRIPTION: HOME CARE COMPANION
NOW HIRING PERSONAL CAREGIVERS
PROVIDE COMPANIONSHIP AND COMPASSION TO OUR CLIENTS AND MAKE MONEY
Company Description: The Young Home Care Agency provides services to individuals in their own homes or facilities who need assistance caring for themselves. Home care may include light housecleaning, laundry, meal preparation, transportation, companionship, respite, and, household activities.
Home Care Companions are responsible for ensuring that services are delivered in a caring and respectful manner and safety in accordance with Young Home Care policies.
- Reports to Supervisor- (1) In-Home- Call Young Home Care or 911
- (2) Facility- Notify Nurse
- Provide companionship, friendship, and emotional support.
- Provide transportation to medical appointments, grocery stores, and errands.
- Accompany clients to recreational and/or social events.
- Organize and read mail.
- Perform light housekeeping.
Assist in basic client transfers providing the client has been assessed as being capable of ambulating without assistance; and/or, providing another trained caregiver (including family) is involved in the transfer.
Carry out duties as assigned by Young Home Care. Complete and maintain records of daily activities, observations, and direct hours of service. Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- The ability to understand written and oral instructions.
- The ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- The ability to determine or recognize when something is likely to go wrong.
- The ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- The ability to establish and maintain harmonious relations with clients/families/co-workers.
- Physical and Mental Demands:
- Good physical and mental health.
- Mental fortitude and stability to handle stress.
- Physical and mental ability to drive a vehicle.
- TB test
- Current driver’s license.
- Proper Vehicle Insurance Coverage.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.00 – $15.00 per hour
During orientation, caregivers will be given proper equipment for COVID.